Configuring AssetTrack Security
About AssetTrack security
AssetTrack Server, AssetTrack Mobile, and AssetTrack Management Console all require user accounts to log in. This topic discusses how to create and modify these user accounts.
The default administrator account
AssetTrack Server provides a default administrator account that you can use to get started. When you first run AssetTrack, log in with this username and password.
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
|You should change the default administrator account and password immediately after installing AssetTrack to prevent unauthorized access to your system.
Creating new users
To create a new user account:
- Log in to AssetTrack Server with account that is a member of the Administrators group.
- Click the Security link from the main menu.
- The user management page appears. Click Add New User from the toolbar.
- The Create New User form appears. Complete the form by entering first and last name, the username to use when logging in to the web, mobile or console, and password, then press the Create User button.
The new user account has been created. Follow the instructions below for adding the new user account to a user group.
Assigning users to groups
You can modify the membership of a particular group by highlighting the user group in the list box and clicking the "Edit Group" button.
User groups are pre-configured. You cannot add or remove user groups.
The three user groups are:
- Administrators - These users have full rights to do everything including manage security and change the system configuration using the Management Console.
- Managers - These users can manage pick lists, process data in the Queue, but cannot change security nor alter the system configuration.
- Users - These users can only collect data and run searches. They cannot use the Management Console.
To add a user to a group:
- On the Manage Users page, select the group to which you wish to add the user and click the Edit Group button.
- The Edit User Group form appears. Select the user from the drop down list and click the Add User to Group button.
Copyright Asset Management International, LLC 2003-2009, All Rights Reserved